Click for Burger Click for Walker Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

Larger Marquis Boats w/ IPS

Discussion in 'Marquis Yacht' started by denizci, May 9, 2009.

1. denizci

denizci New Member

I really would like to see Marquis 690 and 720 with quad IPS or Zeus systems. Do you think they would even consider doing that?
    Cheers,
    Denizci.
  2. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I don't think Carver would consider doing a 3 or 4 engine boat and the IPS don't produce enough HP for the size and performance of that vessel in a dual engine installation. BUT, who knows.
  3. denizci

denizci New Member

Marquis with quads

Capt J,

There examples of successful quad applications on similar size yachts. These days, the engines couple with pod drives go all the way up to 700 hp.

So, typical VP IPS with 435 hp x 4 = 1740 hp
    IPS II with 700 hp x 4 = 2800 hp

For Zeus; there are so many engine options from Yanmar, CAT and CMD up to 600 hp which translates to 2400 hp total.

I thinks these are within the range of Marquis HP requirements. Again, it's just an idea. Since these boats are so good looking and very well designed, thanks to N-L team, I just want them to have the best drive system as well.

Cheers,

Denizci
  4. kughi_s

kughi_s New Member

I think It will be diffucult too see the ips in the marquis 690 and 720. The hull is design for the shaft lines and where there shuold be the IPS engines there is the crew quarter.
    cheers
  5. denizci

denizci New Member

Kughi,

I am aware of the facts you have mentioned. Of course I was thinking that Marquis engineers and designers have to modify the hull and the engine room according to the IPS requirements. And while doing that, I hope they will not change the layout of the state rooms and heads, and interior design in general of the yacht, because I really like the way it is inside now.

Thanks,

Denizci
  6. Boatbiz

Boatbiz New Member

88 Marquis, coming out in 2011, supposidly, will have quad IPS 900's in it. That is what is planned as of right now. I have seen specs and line drawings, looks pretty awesome.

I think they could do a 690 with triple IPS 900's, but don't know anything about it...
  7. denizci

denizci New Member

Thanks Boatbiz,

I got the impression (after my first post here) that they are considering of doing that (690 -720 with IPS). However, please check my last post on the "Volvo IPS vs. CMD Zeus" thread. I have second thoughts about the vulnerability of these drive systems at this moment... But I still believe they the most efficient systems available on the market presently.

Cheers,

Denizci
  8. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Yeah but think of the hassle and cost of maintaining 4 engines.