Click for YF Listing Service Click for Walker Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Nordhavn

Jet Aviation

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Milow232, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Milow232

Milow232 Guest

Hey Carl and all involved people, when is JF scheduled to take off?
    And will there be differences between YF and JF besides the content (new features/ different layout)?
    I am not that expierenced in Jets but I am really curious and you can count on me as one of the first members. :)

My bad, sorry for my written mistake...
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

JetForums will be strictly a forum, initially. The front page is complete and ready to come online, but not before the forum has had sufficient time propagate. This may take a year or more. Planning to launch July 11th, 2012. :)
  3. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Best of luck. I can tell you that there is a long line of subscribers waiting for it to take off.

Cheers,
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Thanks Alfred. :)

We have a contingent of aircraft owners on YF so it made sense to develop an aviation community. There's a certain synergy that exists between yachting and flying. Because of this, I've found encouragement and support from both industries.

Without peering into my otherwise very cluttered gray matter, trust me when I tell you this whole endeavor has been carefully calculated. For this reason, JetForums will come online initially. Pending reasonably quick propagation, the prop-driven counterpart will come online at a later date. The coding is basically complete, but I have not finished the graphics yet.

A new forum is only as good as the people it attracts, but it also helps to have a good technology platform too. We’ve been able to put YachtForums on top of 1000’s of yachting related keywords in Google and I believe we can do the same in jet aviation.

Content uploads will begin several days before going live. If we upload content now, Google will not pick it up because it will be chronologically dated. A lot of what I'm doing initially is SEO specific. It's key to our ranking and ultimately, success.

Of course, SEO is only one part of the puzzle. We still have to attract the right people. We are fortunate to have a very high quality member base with YF. I'm hopeful this will be enough to spool up the engine. Short of that, I have a parachute...
  5. travler

travler Senior Member

as you have figured out i fly a lot as well as boat , can't wait for the launch

travler
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I look forward to your prop site. I've bounced a few on a friends 182.
    Good wishes on all.
    ,rc