Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Jacuzzi on a N76

Discussion in 'Nordhavn Yacht' started by Lexam, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Lexam

Lexam New Member

Do think you could put a Jacuzzi on the back of the fly bridge of a N76 or one behind the pilot house? Just curious thanks.
  2. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Sans Souci Hot Tub

Check out this Nordhaven 68 with a hot tub... go to www.kensblog.com and hit search with "tub"... lots of interesting stuff. I thought there was a full description of the system, which is always drained before getting underway, but I couldn't find it. But the argument that its "an extravagance worth all the trouble" is certainly made... the Alaskan night sky from 22' above the waterline is a treat I'm envious of!
  3. Lexam

Lexam New Member

Chuck the 68 is exactly what made me think of it. I figure if there is enough space up there on it there should be on the 76. But yes very envious to be under the Alaskan night sky in that.
  4. chuckb

chuckb Senior Member

Ken mentions getting a softtub with and electric heater... but I think you'd be looking at several hours to fill and at least 8 hours to heat, basically a minimum of 12 hours notice to use. Not practical if you plan on cruising and tubbing in the same day.

I recall someone had tanks in the bilge that could be pumped up top on demand, with heat maintained both in storage and up top in the tub. Seems like an ideal solution, with it very easy to get that weight up top down on short notice... or up for a tub just as quickly. However, I doubt it can be a retrofit without becoming a nightmare... new build only. I wonder if anyone out there has run into this type of set up?