Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Glendinning Click for JetForums

Iris Cameras and adding to the system

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by luvtocruise, Aug 26, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. luvtocruise

luvtocruise Member

Currently my boat has 5 cameras my IRIS junction box and selector pad has 8 spots. I have one that faces the stern, but when the Dingy is up on the top deck/fly bridge you cannot see the stern of the boat with the camera. I know cameras have come a long way and have gotten a lot cheaper
    My Iris system has 3 available slots to add cameras so I am thinking of adding a couple more.
    I was thinking of adding a FLIR camera to one of the open “terminals” at a later time.
    At this time I am thinking of adding a Stern/cockpit camera to aid me in back the boat into a slip. — I use this feature on my trucks all the time to hook up to trailers/ get feed for my animals etc, so I am pretty used to having it there and using what I see to operate equipment.
    Does/Has anyone else do/done this?
    Does anyone know if I can only use an IRIS camera or will other brands work?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Not familiar with IRIS cams. I ve used Axys which are really nice

most cams now are IP cams. Not sure if that’s what your system uses

FLIR is Also IP nowadays. Just went thru this. Had to install an IP converter to send the signal to a standard monitor
    luvtocruise likes this.