Click for Cross Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno Click for Perko

iPhone-5 Frenzy...

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by YachtForums, Oct 4, 2011.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Tried logging onto cNet, Wired and Engadget... but their servers are being hammered with Apple's "Let's Talk" announcement at 10AM PST. Anybody got a better source?
  2. YachtForums

3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Pretty amazing machine the iPhone 4S, but I'll probably wait for the next design, as I am just using it as a phone...
  4. YachtForums

Ditto.
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

My very old 3G is on it's last legs, so this shiny new 4S is gonna' be mine soon enough I'll bet. I need to get in touch with my provider and see what they're going to offer me... I may end up switching since they've yet to make date sharing available.:rolleyes:
  6. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

My frickin wife wants one for some reason. Although she never uses the one she has now. Apparently, the "new" one is better, all the rage, and all the cool chicks have 'em. I hate apple for this.
  7. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

I am disappointed,but I have to upgrade as my 4 went for a swim and I have been limping along with my old 3g for the last month. It is amazing how slow and limiting the 3g seems after the 4! I just hope they go back to the tapered body when they finally bring out the 5.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  8. YachtForums

Double ditto. I was REALLY hoping for a larger screen.
  9. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

the 3s is the first phone i've had in 20 years which has lasted more than a year... almost 2!

i'm not the kind of guy who needs the latest gadgets but i will upgrade as soon as I get back to miami at the end of the month, if anything just for the improved camera. The new iCloud service also seems to be convenient.

these days, I find myself using the Iphone for web and email probably more than my laptop
  10. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Keep in mind that the iPhone 3, iPhone 4, and new iPhone 4s are all 3G phones.
  11. Loren Schweizer

Loren Schweizer YF Associate Writer

You mean my Motorola brick is no longer cool?

Dang.
  12. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Yes,but they are much slower than the new ones, and the 3s do not allow you to use the tom tom,or inavx app and talk at the same time.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  13. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

a little slower yes, but with ATT you can browse the web, use Nav App like iNavx and talk at the same time at least when 3G service is available.

keep in mind that there are differences between the ATT and Vz version of the iphone. my girlfriend has a Vz iphone 4 and there are some features which are not available, incl. using Air Play from some apps like Ipod and Pandora
  14. YachtForums

Suddenly, the disappointment of yesterday's NO-5 bares little relevance to the things that matter most. God speed Steve Jobs. You made technology cool and our world much warmer. You will be missed by all; even Android users.
  15. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

Indeed. Fair winds and following seas, Steve.
  16. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

As a die hard Android user, yes, I agree, the man was brilliant. While I don't agree with his business style, I'm the first to admit the man was truly a once in a century visionary and changed the way we do business and compute in our daily lives.

Your spirit is now free from the entrapment of a troubled body.
    Roam with the wind. Rest In Peace.
  17. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

18. sharkbait

sharkbait New Member

My old brick is indistructable.
    if any of the new phones could be punished half as much as my phone then i would become a convert and use my brick as a anchor.
    the new phones have all the bells and whistles until you sit on it, then all you have is a pain in the butt... LOL
  19. YachtForums

The front page of Wired has been preempted with a selection of mournful quotes from top tech CEO's. One random Wired reader was quoted... "Heaven got a major upgrade today."

Wired.com
  20. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I think it's a safe bet to say that among the vast majority of people my age, our very first experience with a personal, desktop computer was on an Apple product in elementary (grade-) school. Anyone of us in kindergarten through to grade 6 in the early to mid 80s likely remembers going to the computer lab a couple of times each week, sitting in front of an Apple II or Macintosh and playing "Oregon Trail" or "Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?" on monochrome screens attached to beige boxes. :eek: