Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for Cross

Important notice on copyrights!

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by YachtForums, Nov 7, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Please be aware that all designs, drawings and yacht concepts shown on these pages are property of the designer and can not be copied or produced by third parties without written permission by the actual designer.

If you have drawings you would like to feature, please start a new thread, as opposed to adding your drawings to another designer's thread. Simply click the "New Post" button (top right corner of the forum) to start a new thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Directions for uploading Renderings or Attachments...

Please keep pictures & renderings to a reasonable internet resolution (no wider than 640 pixels). The best file format to use is .jpg's. Period!

Step #1. Click on the "New Thread" button. This will open a new window with a "Title" and "Subject Body" to complete.

Step #2. Scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and click on this button. This will pop-open a small window. Click on the "Browse" button to find the image file located on your computer's hard drive. When you locate the file, double click-it. This will automatically set the file path for you. Next, click the "Upload" button. It will take anywhere from 2 seconds to 30 seconds to upload the image, depending on your internet connection speed. Once the file is uploaded, click the "Close This Window" button and you will be returned to your original workpage.

Step #3. Click to the "Submit New Thread" button and you're finished!

If you would like to add more images, simply repeat the above procedure by clicking on the "Post Reply" button.

The YachtForums Crew
  2. KCook

KCook Senior Member

Speaking of copyrights, I've been wondering about using images on message boards. Example: suppose pretty picture of a boat is on WebSiteA, with copyright notice. And the URL for that picture is used to show the image in a post on a message board on WebSiteB. Would showing the picture on another site like that be considered a copyright issue?

Kelly Cook
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This is what I have learnt from this cyber-world;

Linking the URL so the picture is seen on Website B is not allowed, but showing the URL as a link to click on is allowed, unless the URL gives you direct access to a pass-word protected site...

Most pictures are copyrighted, but I guess that you can copy yacht pictures from the builders own sites, since they are there for advertising. But always read what is written on the site about reproduction and downloading of material.
  4. JonS

JonS Senior Member

And what about posting images scanned from a magazine? If i say where the image comes from is that ok to post?
  5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

Apart from the advertising, all content in magazines is normally copyrighted. You can read this in a column in every issue.

Pictures belongs to the photographer and the magazine is paying for the publication. If you want to use the picture you´ll probably need a permission from both the magazine and the photographer.

If the magazine is on the web, you can publish the URL for us to click on, but no hotlinks where the content is visible at another site, like YachtForums.

With ads and brochures I really don´t know if the deal between the photographer and the company includes that pictures can be scanned and posted on the web by third parties. This is something that I think will be allowed in the future as long as it is clear from where the pictures are taken.

I have scanned a few articles from older magazines that is not available any longer (printed before the web came around) and I think this could be OK if you mention the source and it is published on an enthusiast forum like this...

But if you are not sure of the specific rules, send an e-mail to Carl before posting it here...