Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for Perko Click for YF Listing Service

I think I found it. The *official* Land Yacht

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by PropBet, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

I wonder how long it would last in Salt Water and if it can be anchored off overnight etc?
  3. Castlerock

Castlerock Senior Member

Before I would venture to spend the night at anchor I would like to see the stability numbers. I was also looking for the nav lights, I could not find any. How would you deal with the anchor light if there is no foredeck to mount it?

Can you imagine what that would be like if a squall blew in to the anchorage while you were sleeping? I would just pray that there was a beach right there that I could drive up onto .
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Believe it or not, I think the nav lights are there. Just above and forward of the side doors, and she's a small craft (no forward mast). The anchor light is above the cabin in the rear view picture I think. But now the big question: If someone will part with over a million for that why can't I find a buyer for my bridge in Brooklyn?:cool:
    P.S. I believe some of the cast from 90210 cruised the earlier version (a city bus) in the Lauderdale boat parade back in the 90's.
  5. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

This brings to mind the old adage... just because you can, doesn't mean you should. :rolleyes:
  6. Brian

Brian Senior Member

They cannot be serious!
    Although can you imagine the looks on people's faces at your favorite anchorage if you pulled up in this?...Priceless!
  7. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

I couldn't help but think of the scenario of loading it up with your closest "friday night drinking buddies" stock the thing full of hooch (keeping one sober person at the wheel) and making a "road trip". Once everyone was flat on the floor and the hooch was gone, take it out in the lake, drop anchor and wait for everyone to wake up following morning.
  8. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Stepping out for that first smoke of the day should be a quick hangover cure.:D
  9. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Indeed!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.