Click for Mulder Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Burger Click for Furuno

I need help about HEM water maker.

Discussion in 'Watermakers' started by Burcinyavru, Oct 20, 2016.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Burcinyavru

Burcinyavru New Member

Hi guys.

I have one question about my water maker.

Am i have to disconnect product line from fresh water tank before start operation.

Best regards.
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Have looked at the manual? All Watermakers have a valve, either manual or automatic based on water quality, to send product to the tank. Don't see why you d have to disconnect the actual hose
  3. Burcinyavru

Burcinyavru New Member

Yes sir

I just found after re-read manual and i should disconnect it from water maker and mine system is Manuel there is no automatic function and thank you.

Best regards.
  4. Sea Gull

Sea Gull Member

My very modern ro water maker has an auto bypass, so that it won't start filling the tanks until the output product is up to preprogrammed specs. However, I find that on initial startup, after pickling, the water can have an off smell and taste. To keep this off taste water out of my tank I divert the water maker output to a nearby sink drain and only redirect the product flow to the tanks when it passes my quality taste test.

So, just my long winded way of responding to the OP, yes disconnect until you are sure it's good enough to use.
  5. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

If it's a manual system you should have a valve to either send it to the tank or send it overboard or test it.