Click for Perko Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Nordhavn Click for Walker Click for JetForums

Hydraulic swim platform on ocean 48 super sport

Discussion in 'Ocean Yacht' started by paulkropp, Sep 3, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. paulkropp

paulkropp New Member

Hello
    I just bought a 1997 48 super sport. I would like to add a hydraulic platform for a dingy. Anyone done this? Brands? What to look out for? Thanks in advance!
  2. Maxwell

Maxwell Senior Member

I don’t have experience with that particular model, however being a sport fish, pay attention to how low to the water the deck/platform are. I originally wanted a submersible platform however it would have been a nightmare as the platform would have dragged coming on and off plane and the dinghy would have been regularly awash. There are some 2 stage hydraulic platforms out there where you would raise it even higher when underway, however they didn’t seem remarkably rigid, which worried me the way we use the boat. We opted for a freedom lift as it carries the tender higher off the water and have been happy.
  3. Slimshady

Slimshady Senior Member

If not installed properly, especially properly grounded they can be a maintenance headache.
  4. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

spot on. The 116 I started running a few months ago has a single stage TNT lift which doesn’t raise the platform high enough. When accelerating to get on plane a lot of water gets forced up thru the platform holes causing a lot of pressure on the platform. We re going to add a second stage next haul out.

I haven’t run the boat in following seas yet but I don’t like it. We re probably going to be storing the tender on the top deck when crossing to the Exumas until we get the second stage