Click for Comfort Click for Westport Click for Mag Bay Click for Burger Click for Abeking

Huckins Sportsman 40 - BUCKTIDE

Discussion in 'Huckins Yacht' started by boatsrus, Dec 3, 2013.

1. boatsrus

boatsrus New Member

Does anyone know the background of the Huckins Sportsman 40 "BUCKTIDE" that is now offered for extremely low money ($62K) on Yachtworld?

I understand it was a salvage, redone, but might have an off center fuel tank? (appears to list to one side in photos), and ??

Sistership CoCo is offered at $165K - so trying to understand difference.

Any insight would be appreciated.
  2. robinflorida

robinflorida New Member

Yes. This reply is a few years late but here goes... When refit the fuel tank was not moved. It came that way. At speed she tracks well with no apparent problems.
    She appears to list to the starboard because in the photo the Captain was spinning the boat counterclockwise for the cameraman. I told the owner that the correct price for the boat should be around $120,000 considering the fact that its about time for a paint job on the exterior. He rebuilt the boat for himself and his family to enjoy, but he is relocating for a job and has no place to keep the boat out of the weather. Choppy national economics prompted him to drop the price, but I think that it worked against him as your question proves.