Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Abeking Click for Northern Lights

History & Documentation

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Roamer Yacht' started by YachtForums, Nov 29, 2004.

1. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

History & Documentation Thread...
  2. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  3. jzimmer

jzimmer New Member

Hull ID 43-1104

My registration shows my hull number as 43-1104. I haven't checked it onboard...the boat is 1 1/2 hours away and when I get over there there is always so much else to do that I always forget to check the hull number. I was wondering if the number is enough for anyone to tell me about the boat.

Thanks
    Jim
  4. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Rare Breed

43 = 43 foot Roamer - which are a pretty rare breed. Is yours that sedan (http://www.geocities.com/alloyed2sea/Regal_43.html) or motoryacht (http://www.geocities.com/alloyed2sea/Motoryacht_43.html)?
    1104 - probably means the "4th" one produced that year (1960? or 61??)
    THe Essential Guide - where I got most of the hull production number info - doesnt tell us alot about these models. I'm afraid we'll have to bug Jim Wick down at LPX Parts (chrisparts.com) about this one.
    Any history on this Roamer?
    Cheers,
    Eric
  5. jzimmer

jzimmer New Member

Thanks

I don't have much history. She's a 1960 and looked like the Motor Yacht with the aft stateroom.

As far as I can tell she spent some time in the Southern California area and then sometime in the 90's made it up to Newport OR. I can't recall her original name...it's over at the boat. I bought her as Gypsy Rose.

Are there any archives that can tell you how she came out of the factory based on the hull number?
  6. Hal Swinehart

Hal Swinehart New Member

For archive information, go to The Mariners' Museum in Newport News, VA.

http://www.mariner.org/

They have all of Chris Craft's old records and prints. I obtained the "Equipment Record" testing and inspection checksheet for my boat by giving them my hull number. It lists engine serial numbers, wheel size, and they check off the specific equipment on the boat. It also has the date of shipping from the factory and to where they shipped it.

I looked your boat up in my 1960 Roamer catalog. Sweet!

You might want to find the hull number on the boat. According to a book I have, the numbers ran from MY-43-101 to MY-43-134. (They made 34 of your model from 1960 to 1961.) I believe you can find it on one of the engine hatches. Maybe someone else will give you a better idea of the location.

Good luck on your search for info.

Hal
  7. CaptainRoamer

CaptainRoamer New Member

Hull number location...

Where would one find a hull number on a 1966 37 Riv Roamer? Are there multiple locations?
  8. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Hull #

Can usually be found stamped on the topside of the inside stringer of your port motor (under the grease); also sometimes found just inside the starboard motor hatch on a tag from CC together with your prop #'s. Finally, its stamped on all big pieces of wood down below - the easiest to access being the curtain soffits - at the ceiling (only 15 screws to remove).
  9. seagenieII

seagenieII New Member

hull # seagenie II (evel eye)

here is the hull number for our 1970 58' riviera my

RMQ 58 0508 R

we hail out of island park ny(south shore of long island)

regards
    neil and stacy
  10. Capn.Morty

Capn.Morty New Member

Just what I was looking for...

:D Great resource! I have absolutely no documentation for the 43' Roamer I just aquired. I just ordered "Chris-Craft: the essential guide". Can't wait to check it out!!
    Thanks for your post!
  11. 43 Restore HELP

43 Restore HELP New Member

I am looking at a 43' Roamer. The only tag I could find was in the engine compartment rail (stb.) Tag read R.M.Y.120 next tag- Props 23 22 Will these numbers tell me anything about the boat,as specifics or do I need to find another set of tags.?The name of the boat is PATRIOT out of Boston Ma. Also how do I find the history of this Roamer?
  12. Capn.Morty

Capn.Morty New Member

The answers my friend....

Go to the following link http://www.mariner.org/library/chriscraft/index.php
    and fill out the Chris Craft Research request form (You will need the hull number which you have already found in the engine compartment). For a small fee ($30.00) the museum staff will search the equipment records for information on your hull. Good Luck.:D
  13. 43 Restore HELP

43 Restore HELP New Member

Getting the ball rolling.

Thanks so much for that link.I have a lot of work ahead of me, but once I saw this Roamer I had to have her. I automatically fell in love with the classic C.C. lines,then when I found out she was constructed of steel,I knew I had to restore her. Thanks again, 43 Restore HELP I will send in some pictures soon.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  14. Capn.Morty

Capn.Morty New Member

Bird of a feather...

:D Glad to help. BTW - I'm currently restoring a 1960 43' Roamer myself in Muskegon MI. Can't wait to see pictures of your project!:cool:
  15. mrfixitenator

mrfixitenator New Member

a little more for the books

New here but have been watching and found a couple while surfing and don't know if you already have them listed. Number 1 is ad# 106048451 on usedboats.com hull# that they list is RDX32033R (although I believe the
    d and X are reversed). Number 2 is listed on craigslist in Colchester http://burlington.craigslist.org/boa/1319745410.html listed as a 1964 32ft Roamer Riviera. Number 3 hull# would be the one I just picked up last week from a local marina that I had been looking at for three years. After a few different times chatting with them finally, last summer they said that they almost started to cut it up three different times. That's when I told them that if they leave it until next season, I will buy it. This boat has been in storage there for twelve years. Nine inside and three under shrink wrap outside. Hull# on mine is RXC 32 0219R from what I gather from the roamer site is that it is a 1964 32ft Riviera Express #19 of 20 of that run. I would like to learn all of her history if at all possible. PLEASE HELP I'll send pics as soon as I figure out how to downsize them. By the way... anybody ever heard of Linda Lou ? Just went to see her in the neighboring town of Charlevoix MI. She is a 197' Lurrsen if you would like a closer look at that one, click on their link on the side bar of this site and go to recent launches. You can read all about her in the press releases. Great pics too (4,000hp):eek:
  16. mrfixitenator

mrfixitenator New Member

17. northerner32

northerner32 New Member

If anyone is still in this thread, I could use a little assistance. I am looking at saving what appears to be a Chris Craft Roamer. However, I cannot seem to locate the hull (HIN) number. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  18. alloyed2sea

alloyed2sea Moderator

Hull#'s are usually found on both engine mountings and on the opening of the engine hatch. Etched in stone, they are our insight to many features of your Roamers - need details (year, size, history, location, etc, etc). The props also carry the mark.
    Do tell, inquirying minds want to know.
    Cheers!
    - Eric