Click for Burger Click for JetForums Click for YF Listing Service Click for Cross Click for Westport

Hidden Joinery

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Fishtigua, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

2. MBevins

MBevins Senior Member

I wonder how it actually tightens under load. You'd think the magnet would slip at some point.
  3. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

I'm thinking, on a boat, I'd be using a shedload of Loctite on the thread and Cascamite on the joints.
  4. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Nothing new at all.

Been in use for deck heads etc for at least 10 yrs in at least one yard I know of
  5. HTMO9

HTMO9 Senior Member

Invis Mx

And it is a German Company.:D Lamello GmbH, Weil am Rhein (sw Germany).

It is also used by Dutch yards. This stuff really works great. Once it drove the chief of my sailboat crazy, when he tried to remove a wall panel. He could not figure out, how it was fastened, because the manual said, it was removable. The yard had to send a mechanic with this little magnetic magic piece by plane, in order to solve that minor problem. My chief took that ocurrance personally and bought one complete toolset out of his pocket (I had to force him to take the money for that tools from me).

Thats the way mechanical engineers are. They take a problem, they cant solve, as a personal defeat. And that is the reason, why most of them are so perfect.:)