Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Walker

HELP: Man 900 V8, Manhattan 60, Environment overheat/ High Fuel Temp

Discussion in 'Sunseeker Yacht' started by Kernowtica, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Kernowtica

Kernowtica New Member

Good afternoon all;),

I trust you are all having a lovely summer, my is interesting to say the least!

I am currently on delivery of a Sunseeker 60, we have just come up from El Gouna in Egypt and now in Cyprus with engine alarms going off and FM200 overcharged alarms.

The Engine Environment Alarm has been triggered at 67c and a High fuel Temp alarm too!

Is this due to a build issue or am I overlooking a problem.

Looking forward to hearing from any experiences with anticipation :)

Kind regards,

Admin Edit: name, email and phone number removed
  2. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Kernowtica,

Your name, email address and phone number have been removed. Please read our rules before posting to YF again.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

67C for the engine room is VERY HIGH. Have you gone in the engine room and verified temperature? The S/S ladder would be too hot to hold at this temperature. Verify that both engine room air intake dampers are locked open, someone might have pulled the emergency pulls on them, they have to be re-opened manually and locked into place. They're usually outbound of each engine and in the ceiling and quite large. Next check to make sure your engine room blower breakers are on. Blowers are activated when you turn the key switch to on and there should be 1 blowing in and 1 blowing out on the opposite side of the engine room.

You have too many different systems showing hi temperature. Seafire system over charge would be high heat, high fuel temp would be high heat in engine room (could also be a fuel cooler restriction but I doubt it in this scenario), high engine environmental temp would also indicate engine room temp is too high.