Click for Walker Click for Abeking Privacy Matters Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder

Happy New Year

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Kafue, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

In a few hours, we will be celebrating the New Year Downunder, just ahead of the rest of you guys around the Yacht Forums world.

Wishing You All a Happy New Year and thanks for the knowledge, information, friendship and Community that makes this the Home Harbour for so many of us.
    Special thanks to Carl for another year of YF!
  2. AlfredZ

AlfredZ Senior Member

Happy New Year to you too, to Carl and all YachtForums Members!

You sure didn't leave much to be said here! ;)

May the new year carry bliss, blessing, health and wealth to all of you and your families. Enjoy your time.

Cheers,

Alf
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Up in NY we're approaching my one night of the year for drinking. Tonight the Tiquilla and screwdrivers come out to be joined with pigs in blankets and English muffin pizzas. All done where no harm can be done, sitting before a roaring fire and watching the New Year come in over a few time zones.

Now, to foster jealousy among many....I don't get hangovers.:D In fact last year I was up bright and early for a Cold Finger Run the next morning. (haven't decided about tomorrow's C.F. run yet).

Here's hoping all remain safe, and that the New Year brings peace, health and generosity. Here's also hoping that more people get their boats off the dock and do some serious cruising.
  4. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Hangover

Not jealous at all, just wondering if the "Tiquilla" you intend to drink is the non-alcoholic type because the real "Tequila" the rest of us drink most certainly leaves many of us with a real stinker. LOL.

All the best to you & everybody else on here and hoping that we all have made our "bug-out" plans for 2014, if not drink plenty of those screwdrivers tonight and who cares. :cool:
  5. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Happy New Year everyone.

The only bug out I need in 2014 is one for the spiders in the firewood pile, because one was crawling around on the outside of the basket the other night I am now only allowed to bring one piece in at a time and it must be carefully brushed off to remove any lurkers then straight from door to fireplace with no stops in between.
  6. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Some people must learn their limitations.
    Some people know it and don't have stinkers.
  7. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Safe and Happy New Year everyone.

rc & jc
  8. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Hangovers

Still trying to learn mine so.......
  9. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

My local Pub shuts tonight for the last time in a 120 years. It's being turned into a Yuppie eatery. No more fishermen, only for grand Bankers from now on.

Should I go and dance the night away or avoid? Can't decide.

Please have a wonderful New Year and look after yourselves and your families. I'll have a cold glass of Champers, a good Scotch and a nice cigar on your behalf.:)

Enjoy yourselves.

Attached Files:

10. Yachtjocky

Yachtjocky Senior Member

Hangovers

Poor decision if you stayed in, go and have a few non hangover producing tiquilla's, wake up with a stinker and blame the screwdrivers then eat a 22 pound turkey to get over it and start preparing for the end of the world as we know it.

All the best
  11. P46-Curaçao

P46-Curaçao Senior Member

Curaçao (CW), Hollywood (FL) and Amsterdam (NL)
    From Curaçao: Happy New Year to all YachtForums Members!
  12. Old Phart

Old Phart Senior Member

Health and Happiness to all.

Also, may Carl's office receive a refit during 2014.

YF Office2005.JPG
  13. PacBlue

PacBlue Senior Member

Happy New Year to all. Drink this stuff and you will never mention Tequila and hangover in the same sentence, super smooth in the Anejo version...
    Tequila Cazadores
  14. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Disappointed!:( Only thing to be found is Jose Cuervo or fancy stuff. Anybody know where Mezcal can be gotten on Long Island? Need that worm to add some protein to my diet.
  15. Belle

Belle Member

Happy New Year dudes and dudettes. I hereby order you all to make 2014 the best year of your life.
  16. Beau

Beau Senior Member

Wishing everyone on YF a healthy and prosperous 2014! Feels like I just said that for 2013....
  17. JWY

JWY Senior Member

Couldn't have said it better. Thank you to my old friends on YF and welcome aboard to my new ones. May 2014 bring good health, prosperity, calm winds, and only great things. Thanks to all for your support, knowledge, and mostly friendship.

Cheers!

Judy
  18. MaxPower

MaxPower Senior Member

Happy new year everyone ...

May 2014 be spectacular for you ...
  19. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

In Maracaibo (Venezuela) tonight and boringly sober as I am flying an airliner to Miami early tomorrow morning...:rolleyes:

Happy New Year regardless.

(Hope I can sleep tonight with all the noise in the hotel and incoming flight attendants boozing it up next door...Guess I am getting old :p)
  20. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Happy New Year everyone! I'm sure 2013 presented challenges for each of us, but hopefully we all laid the groundwork for a bigger and better 2014.

I can't help but draw an analogy between New Years Day and boating. With both, we leave the past in our wake. If this is true, I've had a tsunami on my stern this year.

Wishing everyone good health and superyacht-like prosperity in 2014.