Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Mulder

Greek shipyards

Discussion in 'General Yachting Discussion' started by CaptainKirt, Aug 20, 2005.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. CaptainKirt

CaptainKirt New Member

Does anyone have any personal experience with any Greek shipyards or yachts built in Greece? Good or bad?
  2. andymullen

andymullen New Member

Greek boatyards.

Yeah.. How big a boat. Motor or sail? I've been in & out of here for over 20 years. Andy.
  3. CaptainKirt

CaptainKirt New Member

Greek yards

There seem to be some good deals financially on putting a motoryacht together in Greece....but that doesn't mean that it will end up being a good boat. I know that the Onassis refit was done in Greece and is reported to be well done. But I'm trying to gather information on strengths and weaknesses of the various operations there. Any advice?
  4. techmati

techmati Senior Member

no CHRISTINA O was refit at Victor Lenac, Croatia
  5. CaptainKirt

CaptainKirt New Member

Greek Yards

Interesting...I guess that puts me back to square 1.
  6. andymullen

andymullen New Member

Greek boatbuilding..

There is no big yacht building industry here. You can have a yacht built, but the ones I've seen have been built with the steel of scrap tankers & cago ships, with tons of filler to give it a smooth finish. Lots of wasted space below as well.
    Also, it might have been viable 10 years ago, but with the Euro I think you would be better off building in Holland where hey have a very good track record. The prices here have shot up in the past 5 years, so I would not recomend building here.