Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger Click for Westport

Grebe boats - #236281 - 48' Power Cruiser, built 1937 - where is it?

Discussion in 'Vintage & Classic Yachts' started by Charles Grode, Aug 15, 2023.

1. Charles Grode

Charles Grode New Member

Grebe boats - #236281 - 48' Power Cruiser, built 1937 - i want to find this boat.

I dream of finding my dad’s old boat (attached), classic 48’ mahogany cruiser built in 1937 by Grebe in the Great Lakes.

I found it on this list, but the guy passed away before tracking it down further, my dad donated it to Goodwill Industries it in 1970 and apparently it was for sale again in 1977 but the trail ends there...
    http://www.shipbuildinghistory.com/shipyards/yachtsmall/grebe.htm

Do anyone know who might know old boats or point me in the right direction on how to find it?

Attached Files:

2. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

There was a very similar 1935 48 ft Grebe named "Naida" located in the Pacific Northwest that was sold a few years ago and shipped to Chicago with her new owners. I think they may have been doing charters. A Google search turns up a confusing Facebook page from Australia and her former owners who may now own her again and shipped her there.
  3. Charles Grode

Charles Grode New Member

wow, thanks...any photos or other identification info?
  4. SeaEric

SeaEric YF Historian

If you Google "Henry C Grebe yacht Naida" lots of photos will pop up in results.