Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Mulder Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service

Gazebo on the Lake

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by brian eiland, Jun 19, 2008.

1. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

A friend sent me this today...might be the extent of some 'yachting' this summer

I was going to build the Gazebo on the edge of my dock down by the lake but I thought ... I might just as well build the deck with floats on it and I can then take it out fishing too. Has 15,000# capacity. The deck is 18ft x 18ft with 12 plastic foam filled dock floats that are 4ft x 4ft by 18 inch. high and the Gazebo is 10 ft. Hexagon with a table and chairs inside.

Under the table is my trolling motor so I can take it out to my favorite fishing hole. The trolling motor is remote controlled wireless so I can be fishing outside and operate the motor. On the top of the table I have a LOWRANCE Fish-Finder with depth sounding sonars and temp gauge.

I have 2 electric winches with 40# anchors. I have also built in a water pump so I can clean the fish right on the spot. Now I can relax and fish while my wife can sit and relax.

Attached Files:

2. CODOG

CODOG Senior Member

:) I think thats great. My wife thinks thats great, and my kids do too.
    I have access to the technology, and I have the skills to accomplish a similar project. I'd even get a wicked sense of satisfaction getting good results from a Length / Beam ratio of 1...All we need now, is a lake.
  3. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

..... :D
  4. Codger

Codger YF Wisdom Dept.

Brilliant!
    Perhaps a solar panel or two to keep the batteries charged and the cooler happy.