Click for YF Listing Service Click for Mag Bay Click for YF Listing Service Click for Northern Lights Click for Burger

Furioso 60' - Rendering

Discussion in 'Yacht Renderings & Plans' started by rorando, Nov 24, 2012.

1. rorando

rorando New Member

Greetings i'm a 26 year old merchant-marine student from Aland Islands, with a passion for yachting in general.

After several years of just sketching boats while bored, i decided to give 3d-modeling a try and found Sketchup to be quite easy to get in to as a starting point. I've been working on 3 projects now for the last 4 months during the little free-time i have, but i've already been encountering the limitations of Sketchup especially for hull-design.

I've heard about several different 3d-modeling programs now and so far i haven't been able to decide which i'm going to pursue to continue newer projects. If you have any recommendations, i'll gladly take them in to consideration.

Anyway, here is my first design from sketch to 3d:

60 foot yacht that could be used as a tender for bigger yachts if needed. Inspiration came from the new Fjord 40's and i can't deny the obvious Wallypower inspirations too. The hull shape is something i've been working on and discussing in school about also, would be nice to get some feedback on it's practicality from people with more experience.

Thanks in advance // Roland

Attached Files: