Click for Mulder Click for Delta Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander

FUN Movie!!!

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by mwagner1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

These days I just do not go to movie theaters...$10 tickets, $12 for a small drink/popcorn...too many goofs on their cell phones....

BUT, the other night I was bored stiff so I went to see the new Tim Burton movie Frankenweenie...what a hoot with the typical Burton animation and the usual excellent Danny Elfman soundtrack....

GREAT movie and highly enjoyable....just be sure to go to a matinee and do NOT go hungry, like I did...and pay $12 for a small drink and popcorn..:(

Cheers,
  2. MaxPower

MaxPower Senior Member

the idiots on their phones are much worse than the pricing for tickets and drink/popcorn ...

i've stopped going to the movies ... watch it online instead ...
  3. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

Ja, most of the time I just wait for a movie to make it to DVD or Blu-Ray...but, as I said, I was bored stiff and decided to say what the heck....as my showing was at 9:45PM, there were only two other couples in the theater with me...an otherwise empty venue....so, no idiots on cell phones or people texting/talking...

Thus, aside from the stupidly overpriced food (which I would have skipped if I had not been hungry) I would have capped the evening off with a mere $10...about $6.50 for a matinee (but with more likely idiots on their phones)...

Cheers,