Click for Furuno Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger

Fuel consumption on 3207 w/ twin 260 Mercs

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by truitt, May 12, 2007.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. truitt

truitt New Member

I am new to this forum, so please be gentle with my silly question, but I am ready to take the first long voyage (4 days) as captian of the 32' Aft Cabin Carver with twin 260 hp gas Merc's.

Fuel capacity is quoted as 182 gals total. My question is how much range could I expect from running at hull speed / trawler speed ( 7 kts ) ? The bottom is freshly painted, and engines seem to purr like kittens, and water pump pellers replaced, running at spec. temps. I will have a full complement of water and an empth holding tank when I leave the dock. I am single handing this boat, another story, entirely.

My route will take me from York River, VA ( Glouster Pt.) to Elazabeth City NC.via the Dismal Swamp. (I want to avoid the hot rod Snow Birds coming North this time of the year)

As I understand there are no fueling stations on the Dismal Swamp, so my concern is where should I top off the tanks before entering the swamp ?

Any help would be appreciated
  2. Captainrasmusse

Captainrasmusse New Member

3207 Fuel flow

I have a 1988 Carver 3207, Aft Cabin. I have taken her on several trips in Lake Michigan over the years. When we go we are fully loaded with fuel, dinghy, food, Beer, 4 people and a dog. The boat has always given me 25 MPH at 3500 RPM and 25 GPH. That equates to 1 MPG, and actually that is not bad for a 12000+ lb boat.

Todd

PS.

I forgot to mention that I too have the same Mercs installed. They both run like kittens as well.