Click for Perko Click for Furuno Click for Glendinning Click for Northern Lights Click for YF Listing Service

Fibreglass repair on my 3608

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Good Spirit, May 27, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    Looking for some advice. I have a couple of small dings on the forward deck. They look like a ball peen hammer was dropped. I am planning to do the repair this weekend and want to ensure I don't make more of a mess. I have the gel coat colour matched and have all the chemicals needed. My question is how do I replicate the anti-skid texture on the repaired spots? Thanks for all and any advice
  2. g36

g36 Member

i had used this companies molds for a repair on another boat i had. i'm not sure if they will have a mold for our carvers it seems at least from what i remember they dont for my 405. however they have alot of different ones other than the carver listed and something for another manufacturer might be close enough. this is my first carver mine almost looks like a thick nap roller could be used to get somewhat close. if gibco doenst have a mold that you like then i think some experminting will be in order.
    please post what works for you
    they will send free samples to you if you ask

Products Archive - Non-Skid Patterns : Gibco Flex-Mold
  3. Good Spirit

Good Spirit Member

Northern harbour lake of the woods Ontario Canada
    Thanks. I appreciate the link. I'll have to see if there is a match when I go out to the boat this weekend.