Click for Delta Click for Nordhavn Click for Ocean Alexander Click for YF Listing Service Click for Furuno

Feadship "Elisabeth F"

Discussion in 'Feadship Yacht' started by Yacht News, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

2. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

When I first got into the yacht business that yacht was called Daria, it was an enormous yacht, the sort of thing one could only dream about getting a job on.

Not that I have seen her since her refit to become the present beauty she is now but I am sure it seems like a small boat these days albeit one with a fine pedigree and looks.

I am not being a snob here just explaining how ones own perceptions have changed as one has experienced the exponential growth in the yacht business both in the sheer size of the monsters but also the numbers of them.

I did the build and went around the world on a 55M Yacht, a few years after leaving it and having worked on bigger ones I was invited onboard by the then C/E. I was taken back as soon as we went up the gangway by how small the aft deck was, it seemed huge in my day when we were all out there wrestling large fish into the scupper to breathe their last or having to try and sort out the sliding doors whilst the Owner slowly boiled in the sun.
  3. happyendings

happyendings New Member

The interior is absolutely stunning, thanks for the post.
  4. maldwin

maldwin Senior Member

Perhaps I am turning into a fuddy duddy, but that interior does nothing for me.
    Best,
    Maldwin
  5. vlafrank

vlafrank Senior Member

Fuddy Duddys of the world, Unite!

That makes two of us, Maldwin. Master stateroom is OK, but the rest of it gives me chilblains. Cold cold cold! Brrrr...... Seems inappropriate in a yacht of that age and pedigree. JMPO.
  6. Justus

Justus Guest

Surprise,surprise..
    I didn't expect a yacht with that nice interior
    I like it , who did the refit?
  7. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

8. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I'll put my name on the list of those that really like the interior. It's fresh, modern, and bright... with just enough classic touches to keep it from being IKEA-looking. It's got a real "beach-house" feel I'd say. You'd just want to open the blinds at sunrise and let the light wash in.

It's definitely at odds with the exterior, but kudos to the owner for taking a nice classy looking vessel and not going with the cliché interior.
  9. Justus

Justus Guest

Thank you Mr.Modin.
  10. Norseman

Norseman Senior Member

I like the interior too.

Much nicer than the stuffy, fake "please make it rich looking" rococo interiors in some yachts (And houses) :rolleyes:

Thumbs up to this one..:cool:
  11. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Bingo!
    She is a stunning boat inside and out.
    Very smooth lines on the water, and understated sophistication, simply modern, and classy clean inside.
  12. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

Hear, hear. She’s a lovely old lady who has been lovingly restored in a way that suits her age and pedigree. She could so easily have become ‘mutton dressed up as lamb’. Congratulations to all involved.