Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for YF Listing Service

Experience with Westship Yachts

Discussion in 'Westship Yacht' started by HIBANX, Aug 24, 2007.

1. HIBANX

HIBANX Member

I am looking for some input as to the quality and workmanship as well as sea keeping abilities of the larger Westship yachts. My owner is considering buying one and I would like to hear from anyone who has owned or worked on one. Thanks.
  2. ChuckLevert

ChuckLevert Guest

There is a difference between Westhips built by Westport and Westships built in Tampa. Do you have a size and year built in mind?
  3. YachtForum

YachtForum Publisher/Admin

I know of at least one instance where a buyer was told by Westport that they would stand behind a Westship finished yacht. I think this speaks volumes about Westport!
  4. ChuckLevert

ChuckLevert Guest

I am sure Westport would readily assist owners of Westships that were build in their facility in Washington. Greg Eike is the service manager for Westport in Ft Lauderdale. But remember the Westships built in Tampa were after the breakup between the Rusk brothers of Westport and Herb Postma of Westship.
  5. scott49

scott49 Senior Member

As HIBANX asked
    I am looking for some input as to the quality and workmanship as well as sea keeping abilities of the larger Westship yachts. My owner is considering buying one and I would like to hear from anyone who has owned or worked on one.

I also would like some info as the one I am looking at is a - 1994 106' Westship. Was the 1994/1995 built in Washington? Also there is a rumor that one of the 106 Westships went agound and was also stuck by lightning. Does anyone have any info or is there a place to check this out? Any info would be great. Thanks Scott
  6. scott49

scott49 Senior Member

Does anybody have info on Westship? Seems nobody has had or worked on one.

Please let me know as I have posted a few spots on Yacht Forums and have gotten no response on Westship. I am under contract to purchase and would like any info- good or bad. :confused:
    1994/1995 106'
  7. kailani65

kailani65 New Member

I am also under contract to purchase a 1994 106' Westship. Can anyone tell me if the hull was built by Westport? I am guessing that it was because the split happened not too long ago.

Does anyone know when the split happened?
  8. Ken Bracewell

Ken Bracewell Senior Member

I think that happened around 2000 when Westship became tied up with Trident. I also think that they only built larger hulls at the Tampa facility (the first may have been 140').