Click for Northern Lights Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Westport Click for Burger

Engine replacement for 4207

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by riverat, Apr 28, 2015.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. riverat

riverat New Member

I need to replace my starboard engine. Not sure where to start. Should I rebuild the current one. Replace it, and if so, how do I get it out? Do I need to cut a hole in the side of the boat, remove the gas tank and take it out that way???? Does anyone have any experience with engine (gas) replacements in 1986 4207 ? I'm in the Richmond/Tidewater area of Virginia and will need a reputable company to do the work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Bob
  2. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Borg Warner for the rebuild: http://www.borgwarner.com/en/default.aspx
    As for a yard to do the work I'd recommend AYB Atlantic Yacht Basin down in Great Bridge.

Not positive, but I believe with that boat the motor will come up through the sole and out the door.
  3. riverat

riverat New Member

Good info.. thanks. I've also heard good things about AYB.
  4. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Just keep on top of the work. Someone was complaining about them on another site just this week, and I had mixed results with them about a year ago. The problem we both faced seem to be work not getting done, not a problem with the quality of the work.
  5. revluc

revluc Member

On a 4207 it might be easiest to get the engine(s) out through the salon window(s), that is what we did when repowering our Tollycraft to diesels.