Click for Abeking Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for YF Listing Service

Electro Scan Operation & Winterization

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by cdwenrick, Sep 29, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. cdwenrick

cdwenrick New Member

I recently (Dec 1, 2013) purchased a 2000 Carver 396 aft cabin after some discussions in the Carver forum (Thank you much!). It has both heads hooked up to the Raritan Electro Scan sanitization system and I have a few questions/comments and would appreciate your feedback, especially since our previous boat (older Carver 28' Mariner) had a much simpler toilet system:

*I did a search on it in YachtForum and only found one article on it (I couldn't find the actual reference in the article, however)
    *It was an added on system and the previous owner didn't know much about it and neither does the mechanics where I am located (Kent Island, MD)
    *What is the general consensus on these, as I don't see many boats with them?
    *What is the proper way to winterize them? Mine has two heads hooked up to it and the aft one is a lot more then the recommended 6 feet away from the system (~12'). I don't believe it was winterized properly last year when I received it and because it had been supposedly winterized things could not be fully checked in the survey.
    *The forward head has a "Y" connection that goes to the forward holding tank as well; so I am assuming you could use that if so desired
    *The aft head does not seem to have a "Y" so I am assuming it is only plumbed for the electro scan. However, the "Y" may be hidden somewhere under the aft cabin floor. The aft holding tank is under the aft cabin queen berth
    * It comes with the 4 gallon pressurized salt feed system; however it was not hooked up. The feed line was jammed with dried caked salt and the power cable for the pump was disconnected. I haven't hooked it back up yet. The cord goes to the control system for power and the control system provides power to the pump, as needed to maintain the proper salt percentage. In the meantime, we have to manually use 1/4-1/3 cup salt with each flush.
    *Mine is wired so that each time you flush the electric toilet, the electro scan kicks in automatically about 30 seconds later

Thanks,

Cliff