Click for JetForums Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for Northern Lights Click for Westport

Driving with a difference

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by K1W1, Aug 11, 2012.

1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Found this on an Aviation Forum, one of the few jokes that could be re posted here owing to the level of profanity that most contain.

Sitting on the side of the highway waiting to catch speeding driver, a Highway Patrolman sees a car puttering along at 22mph. He says to himself "this driver is just as dangerous as a speedstar".
    So he turns on his lights and pulls the driver over. Approaching the car, he notices that there are five old ladies- two in the front seats and three in the back- wide eyes and white as ghosts.

The driver obviously confused, says to him "Office, I don't understand, I was doing exactly the speed limit! What seems to be the problem?"

"Ma;am" the officer replies, "you weren't speeding, but you should know that driving slower than the speed limit can also be a danger to other drivers."

"Slower than the speed limit? No Sir, I was doing the speed limit exactly. Twenty-two miles an hour." The old woman says proudly.
    The Police Officer, trying to contain a chuckle explains to her that 22 was the highway number, not the speed limit. A bit embarrassed, the woman grinned and thanked the officer for pointing out her error.

"But before I let you go, Ma'am I have to ask.. is everyone is this car OK? These women seem awfully shaken and they haven't made a peep this whole time." the officer asks.
    "Oh they'll be all right in a minute officer. We just got off Highway 189."
  2. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

..........:d
  3. travler

travler Senior Member

thank's for posting that, it reminds me of the time my wife was driving to see our daughter , she was going across nevada in a ford areo star , she got pulled over for doing 100 mph and she was explaining to the cop she could not possibly be going that fast as the speedo only goes to 85 mph. the kids and i still laugh about that. it was 20 years ago

L O L TRAVLER
  4. revdcs

revdcs Senior Member

How do you know when it is time to hang up the car keys?

When your dog has this look on his face!

Attached Files:

5. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

This couple is playing it safe, having one watchdog each side..!

Attached Files:

6. Fishtigua

Fishtigua Senior Member

It's bad enough when the dogs have to carry the groceries.

Attached Files:

7. mwagner1

mwagner1 Senior Member

The original thread is a hoot...sort of reminds me of an episode about 10 years ago when my grandma bought a new Buick Park Avenue....my grandma (asleep in the back seat) my grandfather and I were way out on IH-10 in west Texas (for those of you who have driven the stretch for San Antonio west to El Paso (a hideously long drive, btw) know of miles and miles of empty interstate. We were on our way to Santa Fe....I had the cruise control set at 95 and the car purred along, only slowing down when granny woke up to tell me to slow down.

Needless to say, I was cruising at 95 when I came over a small rise to see a Texas State Trooper sitting under an overpass...I did not even bother to tap the brakes and blew past him...one of those moments were time slows to a crawl....I look at him as I thunder by and I see him reading a paper....he does not even look up...I watched him in my rear view mirror for over a mile expecting him to get me....HAHAHAHAHA, he never moved....

Cheers,