Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Abeking Click for Burger Click for Delta Click for Westport

Disaster in the Pacific

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by K1W1, Aug 19, 2009.

1. K1W1

K1W1 Senior Member

Hi,

Here is a link to some very clear pictures taken at over 100m by a NZ Navy ROV whilst identifying the wreck of a Tongan Ferry that sunk a couple of weeks ago.

The clarity of the pics and clear water is quite outstanding when you consider the depth.

It is a great tragedy for those involved and would be a sport divers dream if it were not for the sad loss of life or extreme depth.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/south-pacific/2768304/Fatal-ship-wreck-photographed/
  2. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Those are amazing photos. The water must be gin clear and the sun very bright to get that level of lighting.

Looking elsewhere on the site, the article about dog eating (or more precisely - eating dogs) was kind of funny. Being a rather insensitive sort I have this image of a suburban backyard barbecue scene.

Near the patio lies a leash connected to an empty collar. The guests are popping beer cans and chatting with the host as he prods the main course formerly known as "Spot" as it rotates on the spit while an apoplectic neighbor jumps up and down on the other side of the fence.

Next door, on the other side, a child is tossing a ball to a small mutt. His mother shouts out the door, "stop playing with your supper, Jimmy!"
  3. Seafarer

Seafarer Senior Member

I feel terrible for laughing at this (as my two Akitas are outside baking in the sun for a few minutes).
  4. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

Got one of those solar ovens, eh?
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

MARMOT, my Jacks just read your post, fired up the grill, dropped a pill in my coke and are giving me a hungry look. I think they have vengence on their minds.:eek: