Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for Furuno Click for Perko Click for Mulder

Did Carl get one of these for xmas?

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by PropBet, Jan 7, 2010.

1. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

2. brunick

brunick Senior Member

3. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Driverless vehicles now. Actually, today I saw on National Geographics about some driverless cars they call 'pods' to be used at Heathrow International to shuttle passengers around the airport. The vehicles are totally autonomous from what I gathered. I guess this is the future. However, that Parrot RC really is cool! Carl would love that I am sure, maybe even more so if it looked like a heli!
  4. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

You guys are really bringing up a sore spot. No, I didn't get a toy helicopter for Christmas this year. I got a REAL toy helicopter LAST Christmas. Yep, 13 months ago and here's a picture showing it's current build status, taken this morning! This bird, along with all the trimmings, has sat unattended on my hobby desk, squawking at me for darn near a year.

I would break open the box today, but if I did, you guys wouldn't hear from me for months. I swear there's something in R/C transmitters that simulates addiction! I'm hoping to build it this summer. It's been a few years since I've flown and I'm certain my skills have deteriorated to the point of training wheels.

Yesterday would have been a fine day to start this project, but instead I was crawling around in the bilge of a 90' sportfish taking pictures for an upcoming review. YF leaves me with little time for anything else...

Attached Files:

5. brunick

brunick Senior Member

i'm with the R/C virus infected too ;)
    but i'm more with the small ones *g*

(normal lighter in background)

Attached Files:

• heli.jpg
      heli.jpg
      File size:
      61.9 KB
      Views:
  6. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

No helos for me... just a first-gen Traxxas Slash sitting in the corner of my office at home, waiting for spring. I could run it in the snow (it's waterproof after all) but my fingers get cold on the transmitter. :(
  7. brunick

brunick Senior Member

*hrhrhrhr* the winter is kinda nice here, 23°F and the sun followed me the whole day - but the wind is freeeezing

not the best weather for R/C piloting ;)

Attached Files:

8. PropBet

PropBet Senior Member

Sorry Carl! I didn't know I was striking a nerve and dusting off the frustration of "work before play" with regards to last years project! :D

I love a good wager. What's the over / under on the helo project taking flight by this Christmas? A bottle of Pussers Rum? ;) (I'll take the over, as I can imagine that YF's only takes about 106% of your 'spare' time.)
  9. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

I began flying R/C heli's in 1987 after seeing a demonstration while I was on a research project at Lockheed. By the 90's, I was competing FAI and 3D. Only a few of us were brave enough to try new things that would ultimately result in a buried bird. Since then, simulators have removed all the risk and the advancements in flying skills by a new generation of R/C pilots is beyond what any of of could imagine.

Now, this guy comes along. Soon, they will teach him to fly. I'm afraid the human race will soon be obsolete...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICyQS6CPw0I