Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Westport Click for Glendinning Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking

Designer to convert profile of yacht into "artistic rendering"?

Discussion in 'Yacht Designers Discussion' started by RVN-BR, May 13, 2013.

1. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

Hi,

Not sure if this is the place to post, but anyways...

I'd like to have a designer/sketch-artist make a "sketch" version of our yacht's profile...

If anyone is interested/capable of doing such work please let me know...

basically we have the profile drawings in cad but would like something a bit more "modern"/"cartoonish" (I'm not sure cartoonish is what I mean.... basically looking for a more stylized version to use as a logo, etc...)

any recommendations?
  2. Jeff Langs

Jeff Langs New Member

Photo studio

There is a photo studio App you can download on any smart phone which will allows you to create special effects to any photo of your boat. There are endless possibilities of effects you can create with your photos.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      81.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Jeff Langs

Jeff Langs New Member

Photo studio 2

blue stencil effect

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      110.1 KB
      Views:
  4. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

How newbie of my! lol...

I'm looking for something more like a "1-pencil stroke" outline, but let me explore the app, it looks promising! maybe manipulating the cad lines I'll get to what I want" thanks!

EDIT: update... thanks for the help, but it isnt really performing how I wanted... I wanted something more of an artists interpretation of the hardlines... the program doesnt really come close... I suppose for somethings a real person will still be required :) if anyone knows someone with the skills and interest to make a few bucks...
  5. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

I think that for what you want your best bet is to visit an artist's studio near you to find an artist whose work you like and that relates to your conception. Art is really a very personal thing. Simply Google "Artist's Studio" / Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, etc. and you'll come up with several. Most have the main artist and several students. Maybe you can discover the next Guy Harvey or Peter Max.:)
  6. RVN-BR

RVN-BR Senior Member

Yep... that is the obvious thing to do... I wanted to open it up to some of the yachties and maybe wanna-be designers, that may be floating around here with a passion for yachts...

anyways.. I'll probably look online as there are tons of sites offering srtists services, etc...

anyways thanks for the help!