Click for Westport Click for Abeking Click for Nordhavn Click for Perko Click for Westport

Custom Diesel Duck "ICE"

Discussion in 'General Trawler Discussion' started by OrthoKevin, Dec 24, 2014.

1. OrthoKevin

OrthoKevin Member

Ran across a site for this motorsailer version of a G-Shock watch that I thought I'd share. Really an amazing build on every level....lots of thinking went into this rig.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas! LINK REMOVED

***Admin Edit: Link Contains Malware***
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
  2. NEO56

NEO56 Member

Sounds like a solicitation to me. That's frowned upon here.
  3. OrthoKevin

OrthoKevin Member

If sharing info on an interesting trawler design is 'solicitation' (laughable as I sell hip and knee replacements NOT boats) than I submit you refrain from any more eggnog tonight.

Are baseless and scurrilous accusations frowned upon as well?
  4. NEO56

NEO56 Member

"If you have made your way to this M50MS site you must be interested in a motor sailor. I have been Adventuring and sailing all my life and now believe that motor sailors are the way to have real fun on the high seas. This M50MS you are about to see is unique in the world. ICE is our demo boat and my Adventure ship, so if you are interested in a "turn-key" sistership , I can help you achieve that. I work with Seahorse Yachts in Zhuhai China to build these "one-off" vessels. They take about three years to construct and will need a budget of around AUD$1 million to get things started. You get a lot of boat for that, but I know it is not for everyone. You can get a similar boat direct through Seahorse Yachts…but it will not be the same.
    The Standard "Diesel Duck 462" (DD462) is where my plans started and in its own right, is a competent trawler yacht, capable of cruising the world in comfort. Indeed many of my friends are now doing just that. With a budget of around AUD$750,000, so could you. I am happy to offer advise and help with your plans in making the final decision on placing an order or not. Bill and Stella at Sea Horse Yachts would be happy to build you one. I know these boats like the back of my hand. I can offer advice and opinions before you make a decision to buy, what options to take etc. and advice right through the construction phase. I have an office/apartment just down the road from the Factory in China and visit often if not out adventuring and even then I am always on email. It cost you nothing for this service. I do it to help you and Bill and Stella, the owners of Seahorse Yachts, who are good friends.
    Jane and I are now building our first McIntyre 78 motor-sailor (M78MS-01) to full “RINA CLASS” at Sea horse Yachts. It is an awesome boat, with the ability to take 12 passengers and six crews anywhere on the planet. It is due for completing late in 2016.
    If you have any questions, would like to inspect ICE, or need advice, I am happy to chat any time."

Sounds like a solicitation to me.
  5. TeKeela

TeKeela Member

Moderation is best left to.... Moderators.

OrthoKevin, thanks for sharing, that is a cool boat, I'll read the whole article. Great photos of the engine room.
  6. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Ditto!
    I see nothing wrong here. Interesting article on a type of boat I have interest in.
    OrthoKevin, check out some posts by Brian Eiland. He is very knowledgeable on motor sailors.
  7. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

Have to say, that is one "Ugly Duckling" of a boat!
    The Nordhavn motor sailor is no beauty either but I suppose they grow on you like an plain Jane girlfriend with a great sense of humour and personality.
  8. NEO56

NEO56 Member

It is what it is...I know Judy would never post anything like that. I'm not trying to be a Scrooge here, but anyone with any reading comprehension knows that to be a solicitation...if it's not, I'll kiss your butt on Main street and give you 20 minutes to draw a crowd!:rolleyes: Merry Christmas.
  9. captholli

captholli Senior Member

Enjoyed looking at something a bit different, well written and great photos, I sat in front of my monitor for 45 minutes soaking in the poly hose plumbing bomb of the main and secondary sea chest. would love a condition and repair update on the stainless welds on those babies in a couple of years but that's just nit picking. looks like a well thought out engine room for the size of the vessel. I didn't read this as a solicitation for sales but rather a glimpse into something out of the ordinary for YF. I was left wanting a bit more info on the paint system applied. pretty good looking finish & fair steel hull. He mentioned 5 barrier coats of epoxy but I'm curious as to what the Red top coat was on the topsides and what was on the cabin trunk?
  10. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

My anti-virus program sent up a red flag. Careful everyone...

Attached Files:

11. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

That's interesting as Norton didn't do that.
  12. Kafue

Kafue Senior Member

ESET has no alert on the site.
  13. Chasm

Chasm Senior Member

tl;dnr: Site got hacked by spammers.

long version:
    The site has not been maintained, got hacked in 2010 and various spam has been added. Chinese spam in this case.
    Is the site an obvious threat? No.
    Is the site no threat? No!
    As always there are two major reasons for this assessment:
    Other threats may be added at any time, turning a nuisance into a problem - your problem.
    Content may have been manipulated.

The latter is a problem because there are two common security problems on most computers. Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat. The site does distribute PDF files. You don't know if the files have been manipulated or not.
  14. OrthoKevin

OrthoKevin Member

The designation of "Ice Class" is interesting.....what does that mean?
  15. TeKeela

TeKeela Member

I don't know but if you look at the construction pictures there is something called an "ice fin" that I assume pushes away the ice so it doesn't bind the wheel. Pretty nasty looking line cutters in there too.
  16. Savasa

Savasa Senior Member

AVG noted a threat: Blackhat SEO etc.
  17. TeKeela

TeKeela Member

BlackHat SEO - that is a response from AVG? Please explain. Blackhat SEO is normally defined as a way to boost the visibility in searches that is not approved by google. Not a threat to us, but rather a threat to the site being delisted.

btw, I downloaded the pdf, I don't use adobe to read, I use PDF xChange Viewer from tracker software, its free and give you some edit options above a basic reader. It does not have an issue reading it.

Chasm : how do you get that information? would like that kind of access!
  18. Savasa

Savasa Senior Member

19. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

This is the analysis from AVG: http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/websit...m%2Findex.html/?utm_source=TDPU&utm_medium=OS

Narwal, your explanation about Blackhat SEO seems to be quite wrong:

20. captholli

captholli Senior Member

This Blackhat discussion should be moved to a dedicated thread. Don't want to break out the microwave popcorn on this one...