Click for Abeking Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko

condaria chiller organizer2/3

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by Ed Kalna, Jan 20, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Ed Kalna

Ed Kalna New Member

BR or someone, need help to lower chill water out temp from 10C Condaria chiller organizer2/3

Mod edit: email removed
  2. BRyachts

BRyachts Member

I don't know that model so I won't attempt a guess.

But, be EXTREMELY careful lowering chill temps below factory settings, you can easily freeze and destroy an evap ($$$). There are usually safeties in place but things can still go wrong.
  3. mapism

mapism Senior Member

Attached you can find an abstract of the technical manual, with the two pages releted to what you are asking.
    But beware, 10°C is actually the correct factory setting, and there are valid reasons why they recommend (see first line of the second page) to NOT mess with it - also in terms of efficiency, on top of what BRyachts pointed out.
    In fact, if the circulating water in your chiller unit does reach the correct 10°C temperature, but your interior is not getting cool enough, the two possible alternatives are either that the system is inadequate for the climate of your location, or the filters on your air handlers are clogged.
    For reasons that would take too long to explain, it's extremely unlikely that you will get a cooler interior by lowering the setpoint of the circulating water temperature.

Attached Files:

4. bayoubud

bayoubud Senior Member

Agree, be careful lowering input/output temps below factory default, we froze a "new" chiller when starting up to check because the anti-freeze mix was below 20% and mfg would not warrant. The the low temp shutdown was not operational, which allowed the chiller to freeze. You can increase the loop anti- freeze mix to lower the freeze point, but can be risky if someone adds water to the lo0p it would raise the freeze point upward. I check our loop mix regularly, about 25%, to be safe. Have your ac tech check the loop mix when ever servicing the system, the mfg will have a minimum percentage of ant-freeze to water for warranty coverage even though there are safety sensors to shut down the unit before freeze point.
  5. Ed Kalna

Ed Kalna New Member

Freezestat properly installed I never had a freeze up. Most fan coil units only have 2 or three-row coils and insufficient to pull the moisture out and reduce the moisture in the air. Carrier hs good info on latent heat and sensible heat and the thicker coils having 4 rows which Condaria usually has is the way to go.