Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Furuno Click for Burger

Comments on Trinity's 'Bacarella' review...

Discussion in 'Trinity Yacht' started by CaptTom, Jul 11, 2010.

1. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

YF posted a review on the Trinity Yachts Bacarella recently: http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/t...iew-trinity-yachts-196-trideck-bacarella.html

Not seeing any responses so far, I'm curious if YF members have any comments on Bacarella, what you liked/disliked, features, design, etc.

I'll start with the engine room. I was floored to enter the space from the lower interior level to see a three story high machine room, the envy of any engineer. I've swung a few wrenches in my day, but seeing this cavernous hanger of piston-poopin activity, I almost wanted to quit my day job and grab a crew shirt and sign on.

Share your thoughts, don't be afraid. That's what makes YF exciting.
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Well usually in more recent times I tend to start the ball rolling in commenting onour reviews. Not because I have to but they are so good that I am led to have to comment but I didn't this time and I am too surprised no one else commented.

"Bacarella" is beautiful, she has a nice profile and is busy on that profile, no boring view of her. I honestly do not like the look of the "Vei" displays in the bridge. I like the solid wood and veneer work throughout the vessel. Not too fond of some of the patterning of the fabrics in some of the public spaces. The main internal stairway is beautifully upholstered and lit and great craftsmanship with the teak!

As usual, you can't fault Chuck on his writing, I enjoy reading the review and the pics supplied alongside. Tom you did a great job with the detailed pics...Carl as well, did a piece or a whole in everything! Great work guys!
  3. AMG

AMG YF Moderator

I was looking through the review now and was thinking that the interior was very much inspired from Jon Bannenberg, only to find out that his son is behind it...:)
  4. serecovery

serecovery New Member

About time

The boat itself is gorgeous. I think this is the first boat from Trinity where I've seen the interior and its not jammed packed with furnishings. Maybe its just how Trinity likes to use their interior space, but when I look at their deck plans, especially the bridge deck guest areas, they are jammed to the gills with chairs and a bar and a couch and a gaming table, one on top of the other.

Bacarella's interior is much more refined...much more open. It reminds me of a larger version of Christensen's new beauty Odessa.

I'd think on a yacht of any size, the use of interior space should be maximized, not jam packed with chair after chair after table after table.

Bacarella's interior volume seems so much bigger because the use of its space was well thought out. I also like the use of the A/V equipment being front and center. I've been on a few yachts in my time as a guest and even though we're watching movies as a group, the A/V equipment was almost an afterthought and that always struck me as weird on a multi-million dollar yacht.
  5. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Well she is a bigger than average yacht for Trinity, at 60-meters long and just over 11-meters wide, she sure should feel spacious.
  6. YachtForums

YachtForums Administrator

Bacarella from another perspective...

I had two reasons for covering this boat; Billy Smith and Dickie Bannenberg, with the latter being the reason we couldn't do a "YF-style" review. The shots supplied by Dickie were abstract in nature, focusing on specific design elements. These shots showed his amazing creativity and design talent, but they didn't lend themselves to a walk-thru review.

Dickie maintained control over the images (shot by his photographer) and was VERY selective in choosing which media outlets would feature Bacarella, so I wrote to him and asked permission. To my surprise, he was a YF follower and agreed to let us publish a feature. Just one problem... those abstract pics didn't feature things like bridges and bilges, the best parts of the boat!

Enter; Tom Serio, who accompanied me onboard Bacarella at FLIBS 2009 and as usual, he had one eye in the viewfinder. Tom was doing me a favor that day, taking detail pictures I would use for writing, while I was gathering information from Billy.

I followed up with Billy for several months, in hopes of getting a better selection of images or an entirely new photoshoot, but the planets didn't come into alignment. In the end, I asked Billy for permission to use a few of Tom's shots to fill in the blanks missing in Dickie's photography and he agreed. Tom didn't have the luxury of 'staging' any of his shots, but the shots we needed, came out picture perfect.

I stayed after this review because I felt Dickie's work warranted coverage. His use of mixed elements is absolutely amazing. And so is Trinity's work. Bacarella isn't just a yacht; she's a ship and built to the same standards.

"Bacarella's Beauty is Bilge Deep"... that's the sub-heading I was going to use for the review, but "Trinity of Technology" was more fitting.

Like I said, Bacarella from another perspective...
  7. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

I think one of the standout characteristics was that from quite a few angles and POVs, you couldn't definitively say you were aboard a yacht. In looking at the pictures, without an outside view, I had to remind myself I was seeing the inside of a floating vessel, not some mansion.
  8. C4ENG

C4ENG Senior Member

30 13.950 N 64 25.221 W

She is doing what she was built to do and this beautiful young lady here is doing a fine job of it!

Attached Files:

9. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

Hey C4,
    Are you permanently on board Bacarella now?
  10. 84far

84far Senior Member

The exterior is nice, but not one I would stop to check out (I think to common). The interior though, I could see myself there for weeks just checking out the detail, great job there from Dickie. Cheers

Far