Click for Walker Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Mulder Click for Glendinning Click for Burger

CNN's MainSAIL program

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by Yacht News, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

On Saturday, CNN's Mainsail program will bring footage from the South of France, Saint Tropez to be exact in the classic sailing race that was run. They will also look at a spectacular Wally, I was not sure which one it was because I only got a glimpse of it, I believe it is either "Saudade" or the new "Cannonball", i'm not totally sure. Anyone got the time It will air? I didn't get the time either, 11am or 11pm i am not sure again.
  2. Yacht News

Yacht News YF News Editor

Okay, I watched the episode, it aired at 3:30 am. It was dealing with the age old question "What is Classic?". Could modern technological marvels such as Wallys (sail) and Perinis be considered classics sometime down the road? Industry veterans such as Designer Ron Holland and Ernesto Bertarelli tried to answer the question.

They showed scenes from the recently concluded Les Voiles de Saint Tropez with the classic yachts such as "Moonbeam IV" and the moderns of the Wallys and the Perinis from the Perini Cup. Views of the "Maltese Falcon", Wally 130 (now "Cannonball"), "Salute'" etc. Of course a quick synopsis of other racing news from around the world. Lastly not to forget the gave you a glimpse of the new America's Cup boats, "Alinghi 5" and "BMW Oracle". Alot packed into a 30 min segment.