Click for JetForums Click for Westport Click for Nordhavn Click for Abeking Click for Delta

Clarion Question

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by seldomdry, Feb 6, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. seldomdry

seldomdry Member

Its time to replace my 1995 clarion on my 355. Is it possible that its a plug and play with a new unit?
  2. RB480

RB480 Senior Member

Slim chance, however it is very easy to splice in the new harness. When taking it apart I would remove each wire one by one and label them so you know what speakers everything goes to currently.

The old harness will have similar colored wiring with a black line on one and the other a solid color. It looks intimidating but take a breath and dive in.
  3. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Slim chance, but not hard to match up the wires. Cut them at the Clarion harness side, so you know which color goes to which. Use heatshrink butt connectors and heat the butt connectors. Also if you have a wired remote (the round Clarion deal) and or a satellite radio box, they never work when they re-introduce the newer model even though the head unit looks exactly the same.
  4. nomad69

nomad69 Member

On my 95 355, all the wires were labeled with tabs on each wire from the factory. Port/aft, stb/aft, port salon etc......