Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service

Chris-Craft 500/501 Connie Cored hull? Yes or No.

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by cleanslate, Oct 17, 2019.

1. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

Hi I have a question that I'm not able to find the answer to. Even on here searching old posts.

My question is from the rub rail to the keel, is the CC 500 from 1985 through 1988 hull cored, or solid fiberglass?

This is also the same question for the Ocean Yachts MY 48' 1989/1990, is that an all glass hull or not?

Thanks!
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

You called the factory's yet?
  3. RER

RER Senior Member

The CC 500 started out as a 46' Pacemaker. Those molds have been around. When Pacemaker shut down Uniflite picked it up and just before they went under they built a 50' version. Murray Chris Craft picked up production from there calling it the 500 Constillation. The hulls are solid fiberglass.
  4. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

CR ! you call Ocean for me and see what they say? Lol No, I'm not going to call. But thanks for the info.
    Thanks for the info, I read the history while searching but could not find the answer on the cored hull or not. I looked at a 40' MY Glass Egg Harbor, or Pacemaker I can not remember, a few years ago, was going to buy it, but it was a cored hull and all wet inside the hull.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

So they already know you? Has your number blocked?
  6. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

No, when I called, the said Hello, Viking Yachts...Lol.