Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for Perko Click for Delta Click for Abeking

Choke Assembly, 0 or 12 degree mounting for Crusader

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Tranquility, Jul 7, 2013.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Tranquility

Tranquility New Member

I need to replace one of my choke assemblies on my Crusaders 454xl four barrel carb. The engine is v drive. The motor is a 1995 engine. There are two parts available, CRU20232 or CRU20233.

Crusader - CARBURETOR MOUNTING (Quadrajet)

Does anyone know what is the proper assembly for my engine?

Thanks in advance for the help!
  2. Thisisit

Thisisit Member

I have two big blocks and removed the choke assemblies from both engines. Now all I do to start up is pump the throttles a couple times and then feather them once started up until they settle into a nice lean idle. I never see black smoke or stinky, dirty unburned fuel floating around my stern while the engines are warming up and waiting for the chokes to open. Try it, you'll never go back to auto chokes again.
  3. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

Pull out the butterfly valve (choke plate) and pick up another 10 to 15 cfm flow. In Florida, there was never a choke issue, when the warranty was done, first sign of trouble and it all came off (out). The mounting screw on the manifold is usually rusted to unusable anyway.
    Looks like Thisisit is from up north also. Same drill for us down here.
    And something less to worry (maintain) about.

If you have to have a new choke spring, Buy both of them from NAPA. Return what's not used.