Click for Westport Click for Cross Click for Abeking Click for Delta Click for YF Listing Service

Catalina 480, rotary source selector switch

Discussion in 'Chris Craft Connies, Commanders & Catalinas' started by L thames, Aug 16, 2021.

1. L thames

L thames New Member

The source selector switch on the ac panel gets power, but the piwer is not delivered to the rest of the panel, so i am guessing i need to replace the switch. Blue sea has one but does not have enough connections. Any idea where to find one?
  2. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

How many sources do you need? I have one of their 120/240 rotaries with 3 sources. I don’t think anyone makes them with more than that. Usually two gens plus one shore power.

if you need more than 3 sources you may have to add a second switch. Like shore gen 1 gen2 and use the second switch to select port shore / starboard shore or shore / inverter and send the output to the primary switch
  3. L thames

L thames New Member

Thank you. I found one just like the original one on the boat. Found it in south carolina.
  4. cleanslate

cleanslate Senior Member

How have you determined you need a new switch ? It should still be factory, most likely, they rarely go bad. Have you traced all the wires to the switch to check for loose wires or other problems? Wire going to the panels, wires going to the shore power etc.?
  5. L thames

L thames New Member

6. L thames

L thames New Member

Shore power is good at the switch, gen power is good at the switch. Nothing below the switch gets power. The switch takes the power but does not share it with the rest of the panel. The new switch will be installed on wed 25th. I will let yall know if this does not work.
  7. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

It s but odd for all sets of contact to fail at the same time. I can understand loosing one hot or the neutral but all 3 is odd

pretty common for rotaries to fail after years of careless owners switching them under load instead of turning main breakers off first ...