Click for Mulder Click for Furuno Click for Burger Click for Westport Click for Cross

Carver name plates

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by navigator11111, Jul 3, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. navigator11111

navigator11111 New Member

I have a 1985 Carver 3207 and the only markings on it are small plates that say "32" up on the side of the flybridge. As a proud Carver owner, I'd like to install decals or plates, appropriate for that year, that say Carver.

What were the typical markings for a 3207 in 1985 and does anyone know of a source for them?
    Thanks.
  2. eddie_homer

eddie_homer New Member

Carver markings....

I have a 1985 Carver 3207 so if you have not had any luck yet let me know and I will post some pics here for you!
  3. navigator11111

navigator11111 New Member

Thanks - no luck yet

No luck yet locating name-plates or decals. Any graphic help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul
  4. pasogrande

pasogrande New Member

Hi, Eddie Homer,

I am trying to improve the looks of my 1989 Santego, and also would like to see a good pic of a Carver nameplate of that era. If I knew the font, I could then make it from vinyl. I would later try to make a 3-D version out of Corian.
    Dave Pinnell likes this.
  5. pasogrande

pasogrande New Member

Well, I have answered my own question. Around 1989, Carver used a font in the Microgramma family. It is also used by Casio and others. So, with a little bit of font tweaking, I've cut vinyl names (Carver & Santego 27) and will install them shortly. Making a nameplate out of a plastic like Corian will be done later.
  6. Fireman431

Fireman431 Senior Member

I went the other way and removed the Carver logo from 2001 and updated with the new logo. Zoom in on the radar arch for a view. I like it better. It's a little more subdued.

Attached Files:

7. OutlawNTexas

OutlawNTexas Member

That looks great. Where did you get it?
  8. Marmot

Marmot Senior Member

You could have enlarged the relevent part of the picture and posted it at 640 X 480 or smaller so it wouldn't screw up the page so badly.

As is you F up the display and then ask the reader to perform a graphics task. Tsk tsk tsk.
  9. Fireman431

Fireman431 Senior Member

Found them on eBay for roughly 10.00 each.
  10. Fireman431

Fireman431 Senior Member

Wow..Really? I F'd up the display? All I did was take a snip of the original pic and get rid of the unnecessary parts of the photo. The website loaded it as that size. I originally posted to zoom in because I thought it would only post a thumbnail, like other sites do. Maybe if I had edited my original post, you'd be happier?

I didn't F anything up, but thanks for your input. :confused:
  11. OutlawNTexas

OutlawNTexas Member

Cool, thanks!
  12. eddie_homer

eddie_homer New Member

Carver markings....

Hey Navigator..............I have not forgotton about you. My 1985 3207 is shrink wrapped for the season. If you can wait for the spring I PROMISE I will take detailed pics of all the markings for you then.
    Eddie
  13. Dave Pinnell

Dave Pinnell New Member

Thank you Pasogrande for this, I have been searching for quite awhile and now with your help I have found that EUROSTILE LT PRO BOLD EXTENDED #2 is close enough for me ! Thanks again