Click for Delta Click for Perko Click for Northern Lights Click for Mulder Click for Cross

Carver 560 Bridge AC Water Flow Problem

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Txcruiser, Jul 24, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Txcruiser

Txcruiser New Member

The air con unit on the flybridge keeps shutting down due to low water flow. I have had the water lines flushed with some short term improvement. The boat has one pump with a discharge manifold going to 3 units at the salon level and the one on the flybridge. The lower units operate fine. Looking for solutions and experience of other Carver owners. My boat is a 2007 model. Thanks,
  2. Monepit

Monepit Member

Are you in salt water?
  3. Txcruiser

Txcruiser New Member

Yes - US East and Gulf coast cruising, plus planned Bahamas.
  4. Monepit

Monepit Member

The heat exchanger on the unit may be clogged. Common on salt water. You can check by removing the outlet hose and putting a short hose to a bucket and turn the unit on to see if the water is flowing.
  5. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

What pump do you have? The bronze impeller may have dissolved by now. In a high silt area, a synthetic impeller may have some ware also. I hope a medium pressure back flow has already been done?
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

I would check the water flow on the discharge on the unit. Also what size water pump do you have, it might be too small to pump adequate volume for that unit to get enough flow, mounted so high. If you have adequate flow to the unit, but not coming out I'd flush the salter heat exchanger with trac descaler.

Also what size is the main branch of your water T and what size are the lines coming off of it. The Main branch should be at least one size larger than the T lines.