Click for Perko Click for Cross Click for Burger Click for Burger Click for Furuno

Carver 466

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Twashburn, Dec 16, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Twashburn

Twashburn New Member

We are the new owners of a 466 carver. Does any one know where the hot and cold water shut off for the combo washer and dryer are? Can't find it any where.
    I would like to winterized.
    Thanks
  2. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

I have a 2007 466. My shutoffs are behind the central vac that is located in the cupboard beneath the washer/dryer.

I had to pull the central vac face plate out and there they were. I'm not entirely sure if mine were added after the fact though.

I had to use mine because when I bought the boat, the washer did not work so I had it replaced.

I store my boat indoors for the winter so I haven't had to winterize it. I wonder how I would do that.
  3. Twashburn

Twashburn New Member

Thanks for the help. I never thought to look behind the vacuum.
    I think the valves are turned off because I can't get any h20 to flow into the washer.
  4. praetorian47

praetorian47 Senior Member

You might be right! The issue with mine was that it would fill with water - but it would never drain it!

The mechanic that replaced my washer found kinked drainage hoses and even some kinks in the feed hoses. It's a very awkward spot to work in, but you may have to remove it to check.

If you do have to remove it, you need to remove the railing to the aft cabin. I'd also strongly recommend putting some cardboard agains the wood wall (secure it with blue painters tape). Tape and cover ALL wood surfaces there, and get a friend to help (preferably a skinny, strong one with long arms).