Click for Perko Click for Cross Click for YF Listing Service Click for Abeking Click for Glendinning

Carver 444 CPMY

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by jlplatts, Jan 31, 2011.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jlplatts

jlplatts Member

Just purchased a 2001 Carver 444 CPMY - looking forward to many happy voyages.

Looking for 444 owners with helpful hints and information they are willing to share with us newbies...

Thanks All
    ;)
  2. timjet

timjet Member

I recently purchased a '98 Carver 355 ACMY. Where do you keep your boat in the St. Pete area? I am currently down in the Port Charlotte area for a couple of months but will be returning to Loggerhead Marina in So St. Pete.
  3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

Ran an '02 for several years. Comfortable boat up to a 2' chop, but would pound pretty bad above that. 4' storm seas really held our attention. She was also rather slow, topping out at about 19kts, but usually running at about 14kts. We had lots of problems with the Volvo's. Never knew if it would turn off and if it did we'd then wonder if it would start. We replaced the entire fuel system once and the selanoids 7 times. We also went through 6 starters. There was a voltage problem that we just couldn't get a handle on. At first I attributed it all to new boat bugs, but eventually I had to agree with the owner that she was a lemon. The aft stateroom would also smell of diesel after topping off those tanks. She has a lot of windage which can make docking with a strong cross wind or current difficult even with a thruster. The best part of this boat is what you see. It's a pretty nice layout, except for the engine room access in the salon floor. I found the engineroom layout pretty good though. Basically it's a Carver.
  4. jlplatts

jlplatts Member

Thanks NYCAP123 -
    I appreciate you taking time to respond and your words of wisdom - especially your caution of rough seas. I hope my Cummins 370's prove a little more reliable.

Timjet - I sent you a private message regarding your Marina - Thanks