Click for Furuno Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Click for Nordhavn Click for JetForums

Carver 444 -2001 - Dinghy installation

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by jlplatts, Nov 19, 2010.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. jlplatts

jlplatts Member

Good Morning All:

I have purchased a 8ft Caribe tender w/ 8hp Yamaha o/b and would appreciate advice on the installation of the dinghy onto the swim platform of my Carver 444.
    I am leaning towards the Nautley dinghy ramp and hope to find someone in this forum with first hand knowledge of this system.

Thanks
  2. pasogrande

pasogrande New Member

Hi, jlplatts,

I see you have no replies yet to your post - and maybe mine will not help much.

Afriend with a 32' Searay has a Nautley with a similar inflatable. Apart from a tie-down rope getting loose and wrapping round a prop, we had no troubles on a trip to Bimini. It launched and received easily by one person.

My boat is smaller and my Avon bigger. I am considering three types. In addition to Nautley, I like the Hurley, which is cheaper and simpler. I see no advantage in the rollers. The third option is to make my own.

My swim platform is narrow and I will be upset to lose the use of it. I am also not certain what weight it can handle if the boat is cantilevered out a long way. Whatever system is used it is imperative the inflatable does not fill up with water from a following tide (a problem we can have at our inlets on the SE coast of Florida).

Just my .02c!

Wilf.