Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn Click for Burger Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Northern Lights

Carver 404 Performance numbers

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Aimhii, Aug 20, 2014.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Aimhii

Aimhii Member

Can anyone print the Fuel ranges vs. RPM and Speeds and Fuel Flows?

I have a 2001 404 - Gas 454 7.4 EFIs 360 hours

Cant seem to figure out my range, but from my GPS observations, I find 1300-1400 RPM may be best Fuel efficiency Hull SPeed and gives me 7.3 Kts or 8.4MPH (assuming I am trimmed correctly)…that was with 1/2 fuel in mains and 14 in Aux tanks and 2 people on board….full water.

I found my Planing speed to be 19.5Kts - 21Kts to be best speed range at 3200RPM, but no clue what my Fuel flow is or Range should be? I can tell you it get me about 2 hours at that setting on Main Tanks only.

I searched high and low for number and not even Carver was able to help?

If anyone has info…much appreciate.
  2. g36

g36 Member

i have a 97 405 which is about 1 ft longer and somewhat heavier. aft cabin. i found this website and thought it was pretty neat. i dont have any strong info yet on comparing to what i actually use but gives a pretty good baseline. with the 454 throttle body efi's i dont have a fuel flow meter like i had on my other boat since it has a return line to the tank. that was a bummer. check this out see what you think

Crusader Captain's Choise 5.7-350 | 6.0-364 | 7.4-454 | 8.1-496 | 8.2-502 Fuel Consumption GPH Specs
  3. Aimhii

Aimhii Member

Anyone have real Numbers for their 404?
    Perhaps Flow meters installed?
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

Assuming your boat is propped to achieve WOT, then the charts that the previous poster posted will be accurate at each RPM, just calculate your speed versus burn for range at each rpm.