Click for Walker Click for Glendinning Click for YF Listing Service Click for Burger Click for Nordhavn

Carver 36 fuel

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by Old Navy, Aug 1, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Old Navy

Old Navy New Member

Just an update to the ever on going discussion about the fuel consumption on Carver 3607. Just completed a 130 mile trip down the Arkansas River from Salisaw, Ok. to Russellville, Ar. with 4 adults on board, full water and fuel tanks and genset running the entire trip. I cruised at an almost constant 2200 rpm which gave me 10.1 mph (by gps). My fuel came out to be 1.36 miles per gallon. I had always been told this boat did best at 1800 rpm/ about 8 mph but turns out efficient hull speed is 10.1 at 2200 rpm (trim tabs all the way down). It was a great trip and took 17 hours to complete but that included going through 4 locks. Did have to drive through a heavy thunderstorm with broadside 65 mph winds but boat took it in stride.
  2. talexander38

talexander38 Member

let us know what you get going up river...I get best mpg at 8 knots here where tides are ever changing I get 1.6, How much push was you getting from the river ?
  3. Old Navy

Old Navy New Member

Although I was going down river the gates at all dam's were closed due to low rainfall. Watching the buoys I estimate maybe a 1 knt current.
  4. captainwjm

captainwjm Senior member

Were you measuring nautical miles (knots) or statute miles (mph)? The river is measured in statute miles, so make sure the GPS is set that way for accurate calculations ( ask me how I know!).
  5. Old Navy

Old Navy New Member

Everything was done at statute miles
  6. talexander38

talexander38 Member

OK so 10 MPH not 10 knots and with a 1 MPH that would put you at around 8 knots...wouldn't it?
  7. Old Navy

Old Navy New Member

Yup, it sure is