Click for Nordhavn Click for Glendinning Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Burger Click for JetForums

Carver 1989 light switches

Discussion in 'Carver Yacht' started by johnbelliott, Nov 20, 2012.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

I just purchased a 1989 Carver 38 Santego. My cockpit courtesy light switch physically will not move. I believe the switches in the head (bathroom) are the same but there is no manufacture's name on it. Can someone tell me the manufacture's name and where can I purchase. Thank you, johnbelliott
  2. talexander38

talexander38 Member

can't tell you who made them, I've replaced a few of them, I take to an R.V. store and they've matched them up for me...:)
  3. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

Thank you. I hope someone will see this and know the manufacture. Can you send me the name of the place that matched the switches up for you. Thanks again. johnbelliott
  4. talexander38

talexander38 Member

West Marine, and the parts guy at my marina. Have you tried the Carver site ? they have a list of suppliers by yr. And you may not be able to the same switch do age.
  5. Scottbee

Scottbee Member

We have a marine salvage place up here called Kendor's Marine (GreatLakesSkipper on eBay) that has a wall of panels and switches from virtually every boat manufacturer and every era. If you had a picture of your switch(s) they might be able to set you up.
  6. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

Thank you very much. I do have pictures and I will give them a call Mon. the 26th. Thanks again. johnbelliott
  7. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

Carver 1989 light swithches

Skipper didn't have any, but was very quick to get back to me. I called and he ask me to email a picture. I did and he was back to me in less then 1/2 hr. Thanks again and I'm still looking.
  8. Scottbee

Scottbee Member

Care to post a picture here? Never know what somebody has in the "pulled-off box"....
  9. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

Please see attached picture of the switch. The switch plate is approx. 2-1/4" in height and 1 1/2" in width. Thanks, johnbelliott

Attached Files:

10. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I have seen this before. Hunt up Thin Light. They offer lights with switches and that is where I have seen this before. I'm afraid I just threw some away.
  11. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

Thanks RCRAPPS. I visited the site, but could not find any switches. I will give them a call today. johnbelliott
  12. Sea Time

Sea Time New Member

13. johnbelliott

johnbelliott New Member

Thank you Sea Time. I have winterized and shrink wrapped my boat but I will try and get in and take out a switch and then take some really good pics. I'm surprised that I'm having such a difficult time locating these switches. The one in the cockpit is the only bad one. Thanks again, johnbelliott