Click for Mag Bay Click for Glendinning Click for Walker Click for YF Listing Service Click for JetForums

Cabo 32 gel coat issues

Discussion in 'Cabo Yacht' started by Marlin0520, Apr 4, 2021.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Marlin0520

Marlin0520 New Member

Considering purchasing a 2007 Cabo 32 Express. Have not seen the boat yet but I understand there may have been issues with gel coat. Anyone have any idea what year(s) boats were affected??
  2. leeky

leeky Senior Member

3. NYCAP123

NYCAP123 Senior Member

From what I understand it was during the same period.
  4. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

From my experiences, some Cabo's in a hot climate will get some hairline cracks. They're not crazy, very thin (unlike the Viking/Post cracks in the early 2000s), just cosmetic and not everywhere on the boat. One area I've typically seen them is under the front windows in that area.....All in All I've seen similar cracks on Princess, Sunseeker, Searay and many builders gelcoats.
  5. Marlin0520

Marlin0520 New Member

Ok. Thanks. Also while I have your attention...I have been strictly an outboard guy for my whole life...this Cabo would be my first inboard. Has 2 Cummins 425 hp with 1500 hours. Will have a limited retirement income so not sure what I may be looking at down the road. Took a look at it today and appears very clean. What does the so called 1000 hr service entail. What else?....prop shaft seals, transmission, heat exchangers etc etc ?
  6. Capt J

Capt J Senior Member

The cummins are very good engines. You would have to consult the Cummins dealer as to what is recommended/required for the 1000 hour service and cost. 32' is a good running boat for it's size.
  7. Esuomm1

Esuomm1 New Member

Wouldn't really worry about gelcoat. Check it out and see what it looks like.

Read all articles on SBMAR for your engine. Not sure there's 1,000 service but could be. I own QSCs and there's no 1,000 hour service. On 14 years +-, 1,500 hours, you could be looking at everything...no one has any idea.

Get a mechanical and vessel survey and see what they tell you.
  8. olderboater

olderboater Senior Member

Nope, the Viking issue was earlier.