Click for Burger Click for Northern Lights Click for Cross Click for JetForums Click for Nordhavn

Burger Boats

Discussion in 'Burger Yacht' started by Capt. DK Hill, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Capt. DK Hill

Capt. DK Hill New Member

Hey there, i'm brand new to the site. Does anyone know where i can get door catches (female) for sliding pilot house doors for 1987 Burger?
  2. burgersboat

burgersboat New Member

I left Burgers' in Feb.of 88. At the time we were using Door Hardware from a company call "Standard-Kiel" ,it was a divison of Getty Hardware. They were located in New Jersey.
    I know getting hardware from Standard-Kiel was very difficult. We had to order years in advance because Getty was doing lots of Navy work and the Navy came before us.

I believe when McMillian took over, Burger's were looking into other Hardware Suppliers.

If you want to know for sure what you have on your boat, you can contact a guy by the name of Jerry Keehan. Jerry is retired from Burgers, but he knows more about what went into older Burgers than anyone alive.
    He was the assistant Purchasing agent when I joined that dept. I remained in purchasing for 12 years-transfering to a boat manager just prior to Henry selling the business.
    Jerry was offered the head Purchasing Agent when I left, but he turned it down because he didn't want to be "Stuck behind a desk".

If you want to contact Jerry you can contact me and I'll give you his phone number here in Manitowoc.
    Here's my e-mail address : Portburger57@lsol.net

Dick
  3. jes

jes New Member

Door catches

Not sure what type of catch you need but the chance is that I originally installed it. We used many different ones over the years & many where yard made if I could see a photo I might be able to be of some help.
  4. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

Jes,

The original post was from 2006, so it's not entirely likely that DK Hill is still looking for that catch, or even monitoring this forum.

Regardless, welcome to Yachtforums.com.