Click for Walker Click for Westport Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Glendinning Click for Abeking

Bronze impeller / head pumps

Discussion in 'HVAC' started by Pascal, Jul 26, 2024.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Pascal

Pascal Senior Member

Why I don’t like Scott and Cruisair air con pumps with bronze heads and impellers:

IMG_2295.jpeg
    after a few years the impeller and the head erodes and flow drops. We have two pumps on the 110 I run, with only one running at a time. Couple of days ago I switched to this pump and noticed my coils were running a little hotter. Decided to replace it this morning with a spare rebuilt we had on board. Bette reflow, chillers running 10 degrees cooler and sure enough the impeller is eroded. It had a label on it indicating it was about 5 years old

I much prefer March pumps unfortunately the plumbing is all sch 80 PVC so connecting a big March is a major job. :(
  2. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I would think by this time, a synthetic impeller would be available for pumps like this.
  3. boatpoor

boatpoor Active Member

316 would last a while but it would be expensive.
  4. Capt Ralph

Capt Ralph Senior Member

I have a cast housing, welded impeller, industrial SS pump head.
    From a deal and it was still expensive. I think it was meant for continuous running and not start/stop.
    It held up great in salt water. Strange but that impeller did not start up worth a phart.
    Once it cleared it self would pump great but sometimes I would get a HP fault before it cleared it self.
    Still have it if anybody wants it.