Click for Westport Click for Westport Click for YF Listing Service Privacy Matters Click for Delta

Boat Farts (Or Bubbles in the Water)

Discussion in 'YachtForums Yacht Club' started by CaptTom, Apr 8, 2008.

1. CaptTom

CaptTom Senior Member

A funny thing happened today...

I was fortunate enough to spend some quality time with our YF leader Carl, along with yacht review writer extraordinaire Chuck and review writer extraordinaire-in-training Loren, pounding the docks and "reviewing" yachts (really praising some and criticizing others) in the Ft Lauderdale area.

As we walked down one dock, a gurgle of water emanated from the aft end of a Euro-looking vessel. It paused, and occurred again. I spotted this at the same time it caught Loren's eye/ear. "What was that?" Loren asked. "Dunno" I said, with a bewildered look. "Maybe a bilge pump" I sleuthed. And there it was again. It wasn’t a bilge discharge or A/C outlet. We weren’t sure.

Then the light went on over Loren’s head “The boat farted!”.

Well, we had to do everything to keep ourselves from farting (or wetting our pants) as we laughed heartily. Then it became apparent, as it wasn’t until this point since there were no tools or gear on the docks sans a lonely bucket off to the side. Peering through the water, we found the source. A lone diver was scrubbing the props clean.

And we thought the boat farted.

Attached Files:

2. Kevin

Kevin YF Moderator

The poor guy is gonna' come in from work tonight... and wonder why his masked mug is all over the internet. LOL