Click for Nordhavn Click for Delta Click for Ocean Alexander Click for Walker Click for Perko

B54 Fighting Chair Support

Discussion in 'Bertram Yacht' started by Tom Childs, Aug 9, 2022.

You need to be registered and signed in to view this content.
  1. Tom Childs

Tom Childs New Member

I am replacing the mufflers in my 1984 B54 and to do so required the removal of the cockpit sole. To remove the sole I had to disconnect the fighting chair post in the lazaret. When the sole was removed the fighting chair support post fell over to the side. When realigned, you can feel the post "sit" into the keel but the plate at the keel is wider than the keel and has holes that I assume where to bolt it to something that was floating on or glassed into the hull. Whatever it was, it is no longer there. Can anyone help me with a pic/description of what should be there to support the fighting chair post? thx in advance!
  2. SplashFl

SplashFl Active Member

Don't know if this will help but back when I replaced the teak deck in the 1979, 38' I had then, despite the fiberglass GlassTeck deck having a backing plate for the chair it was not as solid as it had been with the previous deck so I had a support built where the top flange caught the through-deck bolts of the chair plate and where it sat on the bottom of the hull they just welded to the post a curved plate to fit the hull shape down there where it sat with no fastioners for several decades before selling her.